If you’ve been hurt in an accident involving a commercial vehicle in St. Petersburg, FL, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries. Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys can help you fight for the money you need for your recovery.
With over 25 years of collective legal experience and millions of dollars recovered on behalf of accident injury victims in cases like St. Petersburg recreational vehicle accidents, taxi accidents, Uber accidents, Lyft accidents, and more our St. Petersburg commercial vehicle accident attorneys are second to none.
Give our law offices in St. Petersburg, Florida, a call at (727) 933-0015 today, or contact us online. We’ll discuss your case and offer some preliminary legal advice. Your first consultation is absolutely free, and our contingency fee payment structure means you pay nothing unless we secure a financial award on your behalf.
How Our St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help You After a Commercial Vehicle Crash
Any car or truck accident can be traumatic, but accidents involving commercial vehicles are especially difficult, given their size and potential to cause severe injuries.
At Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys, we know that in addition to your physical and emotional pain, you’re dealing with the worry of how to pay for medical bills and other expenses. Let us help you get the financial relief you need.
When you work with us, our St. Petersburg truck accident lawyers can handle everything, including:
- Investigate the accident and examine the accident site
- Collect and review evidence such as crash reports, medical records, witness statements, and video/camera footage
- Engage leading St. Petersburg experts, such as accident reconstructionists, to testify on your behalf
- Calculate your damages based on the nature and extent of your injuries
- Develop a legal strategy in partnership with you
- Handle all negotiations with insurance companies to get you the best offer
- Represent you at trial if we have to take your case to court
Our skilled car accident lawyers know the ins and outs of dealing with insurance companies. Having our team in your corner gives you the best possible chance of a positive outcome in your case.
Reach out to us today at our St. Petersburg law offices to get started. The sooner you call, the sooner you can be on your way to a complete recovery.
What Is a Commercial Vehicle?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) classifies a commercial vehicle as having the following attributes:
- Used for the transportation of passengers or goods
- Has a gross weight rating of at least, 26,001 pounds
- If transporting paying passengers, has more than eight seats
- If transporting non-paying passengers, has more than 15 seats
- Has a trailer for the transportation of hazardous material
Florida state statute considers a commercial vehicle to further include the following:
- Not under the authority of a government entity
- Uses special fuel on public highways
- Has a gross weight of at least 26,001 pounds with three or more axles
Commercial vehicles are not just semi-trucks. They can also include:
- Cement trucks
- Tractors and other farm equipment
- Garbage trucks
- Passenger buses
- Delivery trucks
- Ice cream trucks
Some of these vehicles may also require certain licensing. Our personal injury lawyers understand the requirements surrounding commercial vehicles and know what to look for in assessing whether the vehicle involved in your accident was non-compliant.
What Injuries Occur in Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
Due to the weight and size of commercial vehicles, severe injuries are not uncommon.
Examples of such injuries include:
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Back injuries
- Limb loss
- Brain injuries
- Broken or crushed bones
- Severe burns
- Deep cuts
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
Some of these injuries may require long-term care and result in lifelong disability. You can rest assured that our lawyers will consider all aspects of your injuries, both physical and emotional, in calculating the amount of compensation you should seek.
What Damages Are Available After a Commercial Vehicle Accident?
Economic damages are financial losses related to the accident itself. These can include medical bills, lost income, rehabilitation costs, transportation, household services, and in-home nursing care.
Non-economic damages are more subjective and can include emotional distress, pain, and suffering, reduced quality of life, living with disability, and loss of consortium/companionship.
Contact a Trusted St. Petersburg Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorney
At Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys, we take pride in providing exceptional legal representation to injured accident victims. We will do the same for you.
At such a difficult time, you need to be able to focus on healing and recovery— not legal and financial worries. Leave that to our qualified St. Petersburg commercial vehicle accident attorneys.
Call us today for your free, no-obligation consultation if you’ve been injured in a commercial vehicle accident in St. Petersburg, Florida. We will do everything we can to get you the money you need to move on with your life.