We rely on innovations in the medical field to fix complex problems, extend the lives of our loved ones, and improve our quality of life. But when medical devices fail, they can aggravate a medical condition, cause new injuries or illnesses, or even result in death. If you were injured after using or being treated with a medical device, you could be entitled to compensation.
Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys provides compassionate and zealous representation to individuals injured by defective medical devices in St. Petersburg, FL. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for victims who were injured through no fault of their own.
Our St. Petersburg product liability attorneys have more than 25 years of combined experience in cases like catastrophic injuries, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and premises liability. We are committed to standing up to big companies that are responsible for your well-being.
How Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys Can Help With a Defective Medical Device Claim in St. Petersburg, FL
If you suffered injuries or lost a family member due to a defective medical device, you will be fighting against big-name manufacturers with massive resources. We’re ready for the fight – we have the resources, experience, and track record to stand up to the toughest defendants.
When you hire our award-winning St. Petersburg product liability attorneys, we’ll:
- Determine how and why your medical device was defective
- Gather evidence from the device manufacturer to build your case
- Review your medical records to establish the connection between the defective device and your injuries
- Identify adverse events reported to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and find out whether other people were harmed by the device
- Calculate your damages to include all current and ongoing medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering
- Determine whether it’s in your best interest to join a class-action lawsuit or multi-district litigation
- Consult with experts who can support your case and explain the technical aspects of your case to a jury, if necessary
Medical device cases can be complicated and lengthy, but we’ll be with you every step of the way. We won’t let insurance companies push you around – and we’ll never advise you to take a settlement that’s less than fair. We are always prepared to go to trial and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Overview of Defective Medical Devices
A defective medical device is one that doesn’t work as it should because of a defect of some kind. When the defect leads to harm, someone needs to be held accountable.
A medical device is defective if it has a:
- Design defect: The device was defective from inception. It was poorly designed and can cause harm even when made to specifications.
- Manufacturing defect: The defect occurred somewhere in the manufacturing process. This could include anything from using substandard materials to skipping key safety testing protocols. Just a few devices or an entire batch could be affected.
- Marketing defect: The device was put on the market without proper safety warnings or instructions. The manufacturer should anticipate all reasonable uses of the device when designing warnings.
Product liability cases involving defective medical devices are highly technical and often involve multiple defendants. We have access to the right experts who know the medical field inside and out.
What Kinds of Medical Devices Are Defective?
Just about any medical device can end up with a defect. But a defect doesn’t necessarily mean that the device will cause harm. To have a valid claim for a defective medical device, you must suffer actual damages due to the defect.
Some common defective medical devices that have caused injuries include:
- Hernia mesh
- Transvaginal mesh
- Bone grafts
- CPAP machines
- Power morcellators
- Prosthetic joints
- Heart valves
- Cardiac stents
- Hip replacements and implants
If you’ve been harmed by a device that was supposed to improve your life, we know you may be feeling scared, angry, and confused about your next steps. Let us put your mind at ease.
Contact our office to learn how we can help you get justice and get the money you need to continue forward with your life. Whether you need a corrective medical procedure, ongoing medical care, or need to file a wrongful death lawsuit due to the loss of a loved one, we will fight for the maximum compensation available.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our St. Petersburg Defective Medical Device Lawyers
Were you injured by a defective medical device in St. Petersburg? For more than 25 years, we’ve been making big manufacturers pay for losses caused by defective medical devices. If you’ve been harmed by a device that you trusted with your life, you deserve to be compensated.
Call or contact us online today for a free case evaluation. We work on a contingency fee basis – meaning you pay nothing upfront, and you pay nothing at all unless we win a favorable settlement or verdict.