Were you injured in a car accident in St. Petersburg, Florida because another driver was speeding? If so, you might be entitled to financial compensation for the losses you suffered. Depending on the circumstances, this may include payment for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Speeding accidents tend to cause more serious injuries, and a legal advocate can help you hold the negligent party accountable for the harm you’ve suffered. A St. Petersburg car accident lawyer from Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys can help you pursue the compensation you need. Call our law office at (727) 933-0015 today to arrange a free case review.
How Our St. Petersburg Car Accident Lawyers Can Help If You Were Injured in a Speeding Accident
When accidents occur at high speeds, catastrophic injuries often occur. After a high-speed accident, you need to be able to concentrate on your health and recovery.
You should be able to trust your case to a caring and compassionate legal advocate who will protect your interests. We strive to provide this when you retain the services of Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys.
When you hire our St. Petersburg car accident lawyers, you can trust us to:
- Fully investigate your claim and identify all potentially at-fault parties
- Update you at every step of your case
- Inform you of your legal rights and options before following any particular course of action
- Listen to your story with compassion
- Provide a customized legal strategy for your case
We have the skills, experience, and resources to confidently handle your claim. We have fought for accident victims in South Florida for more than 25 combined years, and we’re ready to fight for you, too. Contact our law firm today for your free case review.
How Common Are Speeding Accidents?
According to the National Safety Council, speeding was a factor in 29% of all traffic fatalities, contributing to the death of 11,258 people in 2020. Unfortunately, speeding and reckless driving increased during the pandemic, so years of decline in speed-related fatalities took a sudden turn for the worse during this phase.
Locally, speeding is a problem, too. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports that 137 fatalities, 194 incapacitating crashes, and 422 injury crashes in 2020 were due to drivers speeding above the posted speed limit.
Why Is Speeding So Dangerous?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that speeding is more likely to cause injuries and deaths because:
- Drivers who speed are more likely to lose control of their vehicles.
- Speeding increases the distance a vehicle needs to come to a stop once the driver recognizes a hazard.
- Airbags, seatbelts, and other protective equipment are not as effective at high speeds.
Drivers who choose to speed put everyone else on the road at risk, including their own passengers, other motorists, and other road users like bicyclists and pedestrians. If you were injured because of a speeding driver in St. Petersburg, Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys is here to help.
Common Speeding Accident Injuries
Speeding accident injuries tend to be serious and may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to the chest, lungs, or respiratory system
- Back or neck injuries
- Facial injuries, including scarring and permanent disfigurement
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
These injuries often have a long recovery period and may cause victims to miss a significant period of lost income.
What Are Potential Damages in a St. Petersburg Speeding Accident Case?
Our St. Petersburg personal injury lawyers can fight for the compensation you deserve by identifying and calculating the losses you experience, including:
- Present and future medical expenses, including hospitalization, ambulance fees, surgical costs, specialist visits, and follow-up care
- Rehabilitation, physical therapy, nursing care, and personal care
- Costs to repair or replace damaged personal property
- Loss of income and employment benefits
- Permanent disability
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
At Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys, our team will work diligently to ensure that your claim is valued properly. We will protect you against insurance companies who are only interested in the bottom line. Our evaluation of your case will consider the losses you’ve already incurred, as well as the projected losses you anticipate incurring in the future.
Contact Our St. Petersburg Speeding Accident Lawyers for a Free Case Review
If you were injured by a careless speeder, our team can help hold them accountable for the harm they’ve caused. Florida law limits the amount of time you have to file a claim, and you must take certain steps to preserve your rights.
Contact us today to arrange a free initial case assessment where we can explain your legal rights and options. The consultation is confidential, and there are no strings attached, so you’ve got nothing to lose by contacting us today to get started.
OTHER CASES WE COVER
- DUI accidents
- Rear-end crashes
- Fender benders
- Uninsured motorist claims
- T-bone accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
CAR ACCIDENT RESOURCES
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident in St. Petersburg?
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Car Accident Statistics
- Can You Sue for a St. Petersburg Car Accident if You Are Not Hurt?
- Is It Possible to File a Claim Without a Police Report in St. Petersburg?
- Common St. Petersburg Car Accident Scenarios — Causes & Determining Fault