Were you injured in a traffic accident in St. Petersburg, FL? Speeding, distracted drivers, and poor road designs make heavily traveled routes some of the most dangerous roads and intersections in St. Petersburg. Thousands of people are injured or killed every year in preventable traffic accidents in Pinellas County. If you were hurt in an accident caused by someone’s negligence, you could be entitled to significant compensation.
At Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys, our trusted St. Petersburg car accident attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for victims like you who deserve money for medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our team has over 25 years of combined experience fighting for the rights of those injured in tragic accidents like St. Petersburg bus accidents, St. Petersburg taxi accidents, catastrophic injuries, brain injuries, and more.
How Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys Can Help After a Wreck on the Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in St. Petersburg, FL
The most important thing you need to do after a car accident is rest, follow all medical advice, and concentrate on getting better. Your life has been turned upside down, but we can help recover compensation to support your needs in the future.
- Handle your case from start to finish
- Hire experts to analyze the accident scene and your medical records to help support your case
- Interview witnesses to uncover evidence to support your claim for damages and learn what obstacles we may need to overcome
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Present your case to a Pinellas County jury if the opposing party refuses to offer you a fair settlement
We have an excellent track record of holding negligent parties accountable for their actions. You should not have to foot the bill when someone else is at fault. Call today for a free case evaluation.
Overview of Traffic Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL
Traffic-related accidents in Pinellas County are on the rise. According to statistics, there were 16,457 crashes in 2021 throughout the county compared to 14,313 in 2020. It’s clear these accidents aren’t minor, as the deaths and injuries are also increasing.
In 2020, 108 people lost their lives. In 2021, that number jumped to 160. In 2020, 8,412 people were injured in Pinellas County, whereas in 2021, the number of people injured rose to 9,429. Pedestrian and cyclist deaths in Pinellas County nearly doubled from 2020 to 2021.
According to the St. Petersburg Police Department, 16 people have been killed in traffic accidents in the city as of late April 2022, one more than this time last year. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports 39 fatalities throughout Pinellas County as of early May 2022.
Where Do Most Accidents Happen in St. Petersburg?
Pinellas County is taking steps through its Vision Zero program to reduce accidents and save lives. Part of that effort targets some of the most dangerous corridors and intersections in St. Petersburg.
St. Petersburg police issued over 200 citations to people in one day (between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.) in April 2022 during their monthly initiative to crack down on speeding throughout the city.
So, where are the hotspots? Some of the most dangerous intersections in St. Petersburg are:
- 66th Street North and 38th Avenue North: St. Petersburg Police Department issued 85 tickets within 3 hours in a recent enforcement effort. There have been 46 crashes here in the first three months of 2022, making it the most dangerous intersection in the city so far this year.
- Tyrone Boulevard and 66th Street: At this busy intersection leading to St. Pete Beach, one resident reports that “Everyone is constantly running into each other…you never know who’s going to hit you.”
- 34th Street and 54th Avenue: St. Petersburg Police report this as one of the deadliest intersections in the area.
Central Avenue is a vibrant and lively part of St. Pete, full of restaurants, art galleries, and funky shops, but use caution in the heart of downtown, the Arts Waterfront, and near N. 3rd Street. US 19 is a major North-South route through St. Petersburg and has earned the unfortunate national distinction of being one of the deadliest roads in Pinellas County.
Use extra caution or choose alternate routes to avoid these dangerous roads and intersections, especially during peak hours.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Auto Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg police are seeing an increase in aggressive driving throughout the city. Running red lights, distracted driving, and speeding are some other behaviors that make roads and intersections more dangerous.
Were you another victim of one of the most dangerous roads or intersections in St. Petersburg? The St. Petersburg car accident attorneys at Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys are standing by to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
We’ve recovered millions of dollars in life-changing financial awards in settlements and verdicts in Tampa Bay and throughout Florida. Contact us for a free consultation today.
Other Cases We Cover
Car Accident Resources
- Can You Sue for a St. Petersburg Car Accident if You Are Not Hurt?
- What Does Yielding the Right of Way Mean?
- What Are the Odds of Dying in a Car Crash in St. Petersburg, FL?
- Can I Be Compensated For Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in St. Petersburg?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident in St. Petersburg?