Were you recently injured in a car accident in St. Petersburg, FL? A vehicle crash can leave you with severe physical injuries and overwhelming medical bills. Plus, you may not know when or if you can return to work. The unexpected loss of income can put you and your family in a worrisome spot.
Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys can determine if you can be reimbursed for lost wages after a car accident in St. Petersburg, Florida. In most cases, the answer is yes. Whether you can get the full value of your wages often depends on the strength of your case–and hiring the right attorney.
Our St. Petersburg car accident lawyers have more than 25+ years of combined experience and a track record of success. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in financial awards for individuals injured due to the negligence of others in cases like St. Petersburg car accidents, St. Petersburg motorcycle accidents, St. Petersburg workers’ compensations, bus accidents, taxi accidents, brain injuries, and more.
How Can Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys Help Me Get Wage Reimbursement After an Accident in St. Petersburg, FL?
Car crashes can change your life in an instant. You may suffer debilitating injuries and struggle to cover medical bills or find child care–not to mention you may be without transportation or the ability to drive. Hiring our experienced St. Petersburg car accident lawyers will put your mind at ease and get to work right away to restore your financial stability.
When you hire our award-winning legal team, we’ll:
- Determine the cause of your accident and identify all potentially liable parties
- Calculate the value of your lost wages and lost benefits, along with other compensation you may be entitled to seek
- Hire medical and economic experts to determine how your injuries affect your lifetime earning capacity
- Monitor all deadlines and file all claims or court documents required to preserve your rights
- Negotiate with insurance companies for a settlement that fairly compensates you for the full value of your lost wages and injuries
- Send a top-rated trial attorney to fight for you in court, if necessary
We know that even one missed paycheck can affect your family. We work quickly to get your case started, and we look for every possible source of compensation for you. We take care of everything from start to finish so that you can take the time to rest and recover. Initial consultations are always free, so call now to see how we can help in St. Petersburg, Florida.
How Do I Recover Lost Wages After a Car Accident?
We work hard to recover the maximum compensation for you after a car wreck. In most cases, that includes economic (monetary) and non-economic damages (pain and suffering). Economic damages cover financial losses, so lost wages are in that category.
Your first source of compensation for lost wages is usually your own insurance. Florida requires drivers to carry Personal Injury Protection insurance (PIP), and your PIP may be available to cover up to 60% of your lost wages. And Florida is a “no-fault” state, which means you can get money from your PIP policy even if you were partially at fault for the accident.
If you sustain a serious injury, you may be able to file a claim against the at-fault party’s insurance company to recover additional compensation. Or you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit. Either of these routes could allow you to recover the full value of your lost wages.
You may be able to recover:
- Your hourly wages or salary for the time you missed work
- The value of sick or vacation leave taken for medical appointments or recovery
- Compensation that is equivalent to the value of your loss of earning capacity caused by your injuries
You’ll want to consult an experienced St. Petersburg personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your accident–that ensures you don’t miss any deadlines and that you’ll have all legal options available to you.
What Other Compensation Can I Get After a Car Crash in St. Pete?
Most car wrecks cause a whole host of physical, financial, and emotional damage.
Compensatory damages generally cover:
- Medical bills
- Lost past and future wages
- Home medical equipment
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of enjoyment of life activities
- Loss of consortium
Working with insurance companies and various policies can be complicated and frustrating. That’s why we recommend not trying to handle claims yourself after an accident. We are here 24/7 to help, and we work on a contingent fee basis–so you only pay if we successfully recover compensation for you.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our St. Petersburg Car Crash Lawyers
If someone else was responsible for the wreck that caused you to miss work, Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys will fight to recover your lost wages. We’ve recovered millions of dollars for those whose lives have been altered by motor vehicle accidents.
We always offer free initial consultations, so call or contact us online today to speak with an experienced St. Petersburg car accident lawyer.
Other Cases We Cover
Car Accident Resources
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Car Accident Statistics
- Can You Sue for a St. Petersburg Car Accident if You Are Not Hurt?
- What Does Yielding the Right of Way Mean?
- What Are the Odds of Dying in a Car Crash in St. Petersburg, FL?
- Can I Be Compensated For Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in St. Petersburg?