Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident in St. Petersburg, FL, due to another party’s negligence? If so, you could be entitled to significant compensation to cover your losses. The skilled St. Petersburg personal injury lawyers at Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys will help you hold the responsible parties liable for your damages. Contact us today at (727) 933-0015 for a free case evaluation to see how we can help you get the compensation you need.
Our award-winning injury lawyers have over 25 years of combined experience advocating for accident victims throughout Florida. We’ve recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients, and we’re ready to fight for the justice you deserve.
After an accident, you need time to rest and heal. At the same time, you likely have medical bills piling up, and you cannot work. Unfortunately, insurance companies and other formidable opponents won’t willingly accept full financial responsibility. That’s where we come in. While you focus on recovering, we’ll handle your claim from start to finish. There’s no obligation, so call us today to get started.
Whether if it’s a car accident due to distracted driving or a claim on a defective product, we’re on your side.
Why Should I Hire Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys To Handle My St. Petersburg Personal Injury Case?
The personal injury lawyers with Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys treat our clients differently than other law firms. We get to know our clients personally, and we make sure that we allocate our resources so that we can provide the right amount of attention to every case we take on.
We’re not like those large law firms who barely remember your name. Not only do we remember your name, but we take pride in making sure we get to know you and that we do everything we can to ensure you receive maximum compensation. Our lawyers are available to speak with you throughout the entirety of your case; you won’t be left in the dark about how things are progressing.
But don’t just take our word for it. Our lawyers include members of the St. Petersburg bar and care deeply about the City and its vicinity. We’re also part of the American Trial Lawyers Association and are highly rated on lawyer directories such as AVVO.
Some of our injury lawyers have also been recognized with awards, including ranking in 2020’s Top 40 Under 40 for Personal Injury Law. Our team also includes a ranking with America’s Top Attorneys 2020. Give us a call today to see what we can do for you.
Our St. Petersburg, FL Personal Injury Law Office
Visit our law office in St. Petersburg to speak with one of our legal team members.
Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys
700 7th Ave N Suite B
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
All St. Petersburg Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys work all types of injury cases in St. Petersburg. We have demonstrated skill and experience with cases involving car accidents, slip and falls, and product liability.
Being on a peninsula, St. Petersburg has its fair share of congestion and traffic, especially during the tourism season. Car accidents are a common sight in St. Pete. If you’ve been in a car accident, you may be qualified to compensation through your Personal Injury Protection insurance.
If you suffered serious injuries, you might also be able to present a claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Our St. Petersburg car accident attorneys at Lopez Law Group can help you identify all avenues for recovering compensation after your car accident. We can help you maximize the value of your case and ensure you get the money you deserve for the damages you experienced as a result of the collision.
Slip and Falls
St. Pete’s high tourism and foot traffic make slip and falls a frequent problem at its businesses and on its sidewalks. While they may sound minor, a slip and fall accident can cause serious injuries and result in thousands (or tens of thousands) of dollars in medical expenses and lost income.
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall, you could be granted to considerable compensation. Lopez Law Group can help you hold the property owners and their insurance companies responsible for your injuries and financial damages. Get in touch with a St. Petersburg slip and fall lawyer today.
When companies make unsafe products, it’s usually the consumer that suffers. A design, manufacturing, or marketing defect can cause serious injuries and even wrongful death. You may be able to hold a manufacturer or distributor strictly liable for injuries caused by their defective products.
Lopez Law Group can match these big corporations’ assets as we seek to hold them accountable for your injuries and damages. Contact us and get help from one of our St. Petersburg product liability attorneys.
Premises liability laws require property owners to keep their guests reasonably safe from all forms of danger, not just slipping hazards. That might mean providing security guards for a business in an area with higher crime or putting a gate around a swimming pool to keep young children from entering and falling in. Our St. Petersburg premises liability attorneys can help if you were injured due to a dangerous condition on another party’s property.
St. Pete is a terrific place to ride your motorcycle. But with so many residents and tourists, it can be really dangerous for bikers. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to substantial compensation. Our legal team can help you identify your legal options and pursue a fair award for your injuries.
Get a St. Petersburg motorcycle accident lawyer who is ready to fight for you and the best outcome for your case.
If you were injured at work, you are likely entitled to workers’ comp benefits for your medical expenses and lost income. You don’t have to prove who was responsible for your injury in this no-fault system; you only have to show you were injured during the course and scope of your employment. Our St. Petersburg workers’ compensation lawyers can help you navigate the claims process and get the money you deserve.
Other Personal Injury Cases
Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers also handles:
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death, and more.
Contact us today to learn more about our areas of practice and how we will use our skills and experience to help maximize the value of your claim. We are not letting you fight the insurance companies alone.
St. Petersburg Accident Statistics
Although it is considered a laid-back beach town, St. Petersburg has its fair percentage of accidents. In 2021, Pinellas County experienced nearly 16,500 motor vehicle accidents. These crashes killed 160 people and injured another 9,429 people. The county also had 432 motorcycle crashes, causing the deaths of 27 motorcyclists.
Pinellas County has a significant number of hit-and-run accidents. There were 4,894 hit-and-run crashes in 2021. These crashes had 948 injuries and 11 deaths as a result.
Pinellas County can also be dangerous for pedestrians and bicyclists. In 2021, the county experienced almost 500 pedestrian crashes, which fatally injured 61 pedestrians. Pinellas County also had 545 bicycle crashes, which caused 17 fatalities.
Why Should I Hire an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer?
Many injured victims believe they can manage their personal injury claim alone. However, having an attorney on your side has many benefits that can increase the compensation you recover, including:
- Leveling the playing field: Insurance companies have immense assets to fight and undervalue claims. Having an experienced attorney advocating for you will put you on equal footing so that you can get the fair value of your damages.
- Access to leading experts: Some injury cases are complex. Our lawyers have built relationships with lead experts in St. Petersburg, like medical experts and accident reconstructionists. We’ll consult experts to build a strong case that yields optimal results.
- Fighting unfair blame: At-fault parties often try to limit their financial liability by placing unfair guilt on the victims. We’re familiar with these tactics. We’ll fight back to ensure you recover the maximum compensation in your case.
You need time to rest: You’re probably dealing with debilitating injuries after an accident. We’ll handle all aspects of your claim while you focus on getting better.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
If another party’s actions or omissions have caused you harm, you may have a case. However, it will be depending on your specific situation.
Some examples of when you may have an injury case include:
- A fatigued truck driver veered into your lane, causing major injuries
- A negligent property owner failed to fix a broken step, and it caused you to fall and break several bones
- A defective medical device made you to develop a serious infection
- A physician failed to order the proper diagnostic tests and missed a cancer diagnosis
Many other scenarios can give rise to a personal injury case. Contact our skilled personal injury lawyers in St. Petersburg today for a free consultation so that we can discuss your situation and evaluate whether you have a valid claim for damages.
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
If someone else causes you harm, they should be responsible for paying the cost of the economic and non-economic losses associated with your injury. Personal injury claims allow those who have been injured by another party to recover damages for their injuries.
You may have the right to present a personal injury claim after any type of accident. While many accidents are covered by insurance, the policy may not cover the full amount of your damages. Filing a personal injury claim allows you to receive compensation for all of your injuries to make you whole again.
Even if you were injured on the job – which is usually covered by your employer’s workers’ compensation policy – you could be granted to place a third-party claim against a negligent party, such as a contractor, property owner, or manufacturer. This allows you to get damages that aren’t available under workers’ compensation insurance.
How Much is My St. Petersburg Personal Injury Case Worth?
The value of your claim will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of your case.
However, several factors typically affect how much your case is worth, including:
- The types of injuries you sustained and their severity
- Whether you are also at fault for the accident
- Who was involved
- How your injuries impact your ability to work
- Whether you suffered permanent disabilities or impairments
- The expenses you incurred due to your injury and future costs
- The emotional trauma you experienced due to the accident
- The pain and suffering you endured
Generally, the more severe your injuries, the more your case will be worth. Our injury lawyers will evaluate your case from every angle to determine the full extent of your damages. Contact us today to know more.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Accident in Florida?
You have a limited time.
- You generally have four years from the date of the accident to present a personal injury lawsuit.
- If the accident resulted in a family member’s death, you only have two years to place a wrongful death claim.
- Medical malpractice lawsuits must be filed within two years of when the incident is or should have been discovered, but no later than four years from the time of incident.
Exceptions may apply in some cases. It’s crucial to contact an attorney as soon as possible to ensure that you don’t miss the statute of limitations that applies to your case. If you miss the deadline, you’ll be barred from recovering damages for your injuries.
Contact Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys to discuss your case and preserve your legal rights.
What Damages Are Available to St. Petersburg Accident Victims?
If you’ve suffered harm due to another party’s negligence, you could be entitled to substantial compensation to cover your economic and non-economic losses.
Economic damages cover the financial costs associated with your injuries, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages can cover:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring or disfigurement
Punitive damages may be available only in some cases when the defendant acted intentionally or with gross negligence. These damages are intended to punish the defendant.
When you work with our experienced St. Petersburg injury lawyers, we’ll assess the proper value of your damages so that you can seek and recover the maximum amount available in your case.
What if I’m Partially At Fault For the Accident?
Even if you’re partially liable for the cause of the accident, you can still get compensation. Under Florida’s pure comparative fault law, your damages will be reduced proportionately to your percentage of fault.
For example, if a jury finds that you were 30% responsible for the cause of a car accident, you’ll be entitled to recover 70% of the awarded damages for the collision.
The other side will try to pin as much accountability on you as possible to reduce their financial liability. We’re familiar with these tactics and are prepared to fight back to ensure that you aren’t unfairly blamed for the cause of the accident or your injuries.
What Types of Injuries Do Accidents Cause?
The types of injuries sustained in an accident depend on the situation. For example, an accident with a semi-truck may cause more severe injuries than an accident with a passenger vehicle or a slip and fall.
We help victims of accidents who have suffered all types of injuries, for example:
- Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries, such as concussions
- Facial trauma
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chest injuries
- Nerve damage
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Hearing loss
- Internal organ damage
- Crush injuries
- Joint injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
An accident can cause devastating injuries that leave you out of work and affect your life for posterity. We understand what you’re going through. Contact our compassionate legal team today for a free consultation to see how we can help you get back on your feet.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Petersburg Help Me After an Accident?
A personal injury lawyer will be your greatest ally after an accident. They will first help you understand your legal options for recovering compensation for your injuries, including insurance claims and lawsuits. They will also investigate your accident to gather evidence and identify liable parties.
Your injury attorney will also help you calculate your damages related to the accident, so you can make sure you demand compensation for all your losses. They will even work with experts to strengthen your case and estimate certain hard-to-value damages.
A personal injury lawyer will handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance company or another defendant. They will also manage all other administrative tasks, such as filing claims and lawsuits. In short, they will take on all the heavy-lifting in your case, so you can take time for your recovery.
What is Negligence and How Do I Prove It?
Negligence is the basis of most personal injury lawsuits in Florida, like most motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, and medical malpractice suits. In such cases, you must demonstrate another party was negligent to reclaim damages.
Negligence is composed of four elements:
- Duty – To sue for negligence, you must first prove that another party owed you a “duty of care.” A duty arises from the law or your relationship with the other party. For example, the duties drivers owe to others on the road, duties property owners owe to visitors, and the duties doctors owe to patients.
- Breach – You must also establish the party breached their duty of care. You will show a breach of duty by demonstrating the party failed to act like a reasonable person under the situation and caused your injury or accident.
- Causation – You must demonstrate that the other party caused your accident. You must prove that your injuries would not have occurred had it not been for the conduct of the other party. You must also prove your injuries were a foreseeable consequence of their behavior.
- Damages – You must have suffered damages to have a negligence case. Damages can take the form of financial losses (medical expenses, lost wages, etc.). Alternatively, they can take the form of emotional losses,( e.g., pain and suffering).
You must demonstrate all four elements to win. If you fail to establish just one element, you will lose your case.
You will prove negligence by evidence showing the other party failed to act like a reasonable person and caused your injury. Many types of evidence can help you show negligence, just like:
- Medical Records
- Pictures of the Accident Scene
- Video/Dash Cam Footage
- Cell Phone Records
- Accident Reports
- Business Records
- Employment Records
- Eyewitness Testimony
- Expert Testimony
- And Other Evidence
You must have enough evidence to establish your case by a preponderance of the evidence, which is your burden of proof as a plaintiff. This means that it is “more likely than not” that your claim and version of events is true.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Lawyer?
Most personal injury lawyers utilize contingency fee agreements for injury cases. These allow injury victims, who are typically facing financial struggles due to medical bills and lost wages, to secure quality legal representation without upfront costs.
With a contingency fee agreement, you only pay your attorney if they get compensation for your injury claim. This will come in the form of a settlement or verdict on your behalf. You will pay a percentage of the settlement or verdict to your lawyer (usually 33-40%) as compensation for their services.
Most injury lawyers also offer free consultations to prospective clients, eliminating all initial costs of hiring an attorney.
Contact Our Experienced St. Petersburg Personal Injury Lawyers For Legal Help
Although you may be struggling after your accident, you don’t have to feel alone. Lopez Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers is here for you.
We have over 25 years of combined experience and have gotten back millions for clients just like you. We’re ready to put our skills, resources, and experience to work on your case.
We will manage every aspect of your case so you can focus on recovering. And we’ll hold the at-fault parties accountable for your losses so you can move forward with your life. Contact us today for a free consultation with a St. Pete personal injury attorney.
St. Petersburg Injury Lawyer Review
Read more of our client reviews here.
Related Blog Posts
- What is a Personal Injury Claim?
- How Long Does it Take to Get A Personal Injury Settlement Check in St. Petersburg, FL?
- Suing for Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress in Florida
Physical Therapists in the Area
- Therapy & Sports Center – 412 12th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Bayfront Health St Petersburg – Rehabilitation services – 701 6th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Brownell Personal Physical Therapy – 650 18th Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- Therapy Rehab Center LLC – 3356 49th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710
Local Emergency Rooms
- St. Anthony’s Hospital- Emergency Center – 1200 7th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- Bayfront Health St Petersburg Emergency Room – 701 6th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Emergency Center at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital – 550 6th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital Emergency Room – 6500 38th Ave N First Floor, St. Petersburg, FL 33710
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
St. Petersburg Injury Lawyer Infographic
Our personal injury law firm in St. Petersburg, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Brain Injury Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Car Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Child Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Product Liability Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Uber Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL